Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co pays INSTANT CASH for your gold and silver. We pay the most for your gold and silver in Chicago!
We pay the most money for gold, silver, and diamonds! Sell us your gold and silver valuables or use them as collateral for a Pawn Loan – either way, Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co pays you INSTANT CASH! If you choose to use your valuables as collateral for a loan, you’ll get a certain amount of time to redeem your item by paying back the original loan amount plus accrued interest. If you sell, we can usually pay you a little more cash for you item. Read more about how pawn shops work.
Gold can be mixed with copper, silver, palladium, zinc, nickel or other metals. While pure gold is a metallic yellow, many other “colors of gold” can result when alloyed with a base metal.
- Rose Gold: Gold mixed with an abundance of copper alloyed to gold will create a red, copper cast.
- White Gold: Gold that has been alloyed with nickel or palladium, or nickel, zinc and copper.
- Blue and Purple Gold: Gold made by alloying gold with iron or aluminum.
- 24k gold is very soft
- 10k thru 18k gold is mixed with various amounts of base metals and used when making jewelry
While some gold alloys may hold a higher value than other alloys. The real value in your gold jewelry is in the amount of gold it contains. More weight + more karat, usually = more value. Click here to lean more about gold.
Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co pays INSTANT CASH for your silver. Before you sell your silver, it’s important to know what you’ve got. The spot price for silver is for pure silver. Most jewelry is not made of pure silver; it is made of sterling silver. Click here to lean more about silver.
- Sterling silver jewelry is 92.5% silver, hence the .925 imprinted on some jewelry. The remaining 7.5% will usually be copper.
- Coin silver is what most U.S. currency and some jewelry is made of.
- Stamped coin silver or .900 is 90% silver and 10% some other metal.
- Spot prices are for pure silver.
- Silver jewelry sold by weight is only worth a percentage of the spot price.
Bring your gold and silver to Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co for a FREE quote.
Come in and see us . . . You’ll be glad you did!
Sí Habla Español.
Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co is open Monday through Saturday 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM. We’re located at 7048 N. Clark Street, Chicago IL 60626; Phone: 773.942.6556.