Pawning is a fast and convenient way to get cash. This time-honored tradition enables you to use your valuables as collateral for a loan. You get your valuables back when you repay the loan plus the interest owed. Your loan can be extended for as long as you need.
Here’s How A Pawn Loan Works
- Pawn shops can buy your valuables or offer you a loan using them as collateral.
- When you repay the loan plus the interest, you get your collateral back.
- Your loan can be extended for as long as you need.
- If you don’t repay the loan, the pawnbroker keeps the collateral.
- Pawn shops are licensed by state and local government.
- The interest rates pawn shops charge are regulated by law.
- You must be at least 18 years old to pawn or sell an item.
- You must show 2 valid IDs including a state or national photo ID.
- We are here to help all people, regardless of economic status or race, get access to cash when they need it! We always give you INSTANT CASH for your valuables.
Getting a Pawn Loan is as Easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Bring In Your Valuables
Bring in your valuables or use the form found on our “Ask Gold Star” page to send us information about your item (e.g. make, model, condition). The more information you can provide, the more accurate our estimate/appraisal will be (please include photos whenever possible) All appraisals are subject to change upon a physical inspection of the item. Click here to go directly to the form.
2. Get a FREE Estimate/Appraisal
Once you have received our appraisal bring in your item for a final evaluation and offer. If you bring an item directly into us for an evaluation, we will provide an offer within minutes. You are under no obligation to accept our offer! Also, we are required by law to have two forms of identification on file for each customer/transaction.
3. Get Instant Cash
Once we review the information you provide, the maximum loan value for your item will be determined. You are under no obligation to accept our offer. We will give INSTANT cash when our final offer is accepted and the loan contract is signed! If you already have an offer from another pawn broker, let us know — we’ll meet or beat any reasonable offer!
Come in and see us . . . You’ll be glad you did!
Sí Habla Español.
Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co is open Monday through Saturday 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM. We’re located at 7048 N. Clark Street, Chicago IL 60626; Phone: 773.942.6556.