Before you sell your silver, it’s important to know what you’ve got. The spot price for silver is for pure silver. Most jewelry is not made of pure silver; it is made of sterling silver.
Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co pays the most for your silver in Chicago!
Sterling silver jewelry is 92.5% silver, hence the .925 imprinted on some jewelry. The remaining 7.5% will usually be copper.
Coin silver is what most U.S. currency is made from. Some jewelry will also be stamped coin silver or .900. This is 90% silver and 10% some other metal.
Spot prices are for pure silver. Silver jewelry sold by weight is only worth a percentage of the spot price.
Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co buys silver. Bring your silver in to our store for a FREE appraisal.
Come in and see us . . . You’ll be glad you did!
Sí Habla Español.
Gold Star Jewelry & Coin Co is open Monday through Saturday 10:00 AM until 6:00 PM. We’re located at 7048 N. Clark Street, Chicago IL 60626; Phone: 773.942.6556.